Experimental competition approved by FITA
The 50 Mt. Match Round consists of a ranking round of 27 arrows at 50 Mt. on 122 cm face for all classes and divisions, shot in order to divide all participants into Flights of 8 shooters, independently from their class, and a Round Robin, also shot at the same distance and on the same target face, of seven matches of 9 arrows in each flight, in order to determine the podium positions for each flight.
· Divisions accepted: Recurve, Compound, Bare Bow, Standard
· Classes accepted: All classes of sex and age will compete altogether in the same Division.
· Number of arrows in the ranking round: 9 ends of 3 arrows each, total 27 arrows
· Number of arrows in the matches: 7 matches of 9 arrows each, total 63 arrows
· Total number of arrows in the competition: 90 arrows, for total maximum 900 points
· Ranking procedure: archers are ranked in each Division by points, hits, gold's, X's (as usual)
· Archers are then repositioned on targets as follow: archers ranked 1-4 to target one of that division, archers 5-8 to target two and so on.
· In case of tie in the ranking round for the archers ranked 8/9, 16/17 etc. in each division, organizers will decide flight assignment.
· Assignment to flights and targets should consider to have a minimum of 2 archers in one target and a minimum of 4 archers in one flight. That means that divisions with less than 4 archers will not be eligible to compete, and that organizers will arrange at their discretion the last 2 or more flights in the ranking of each division in order to comply with said minimum.
· In each flight, each archer will shot 7 matches of 3 ends of 3 arrows each.
· Matches will be shot in the following sequence ( considering target 1 and 2 as of the same flight):
A1-A2 B1-B2 C1-C2 D1-D2
A1-B2 B1-C2 C1-D2 D1-A2
A1-C2 B1-D2 C1-A2 D1-B2
A1-D2 B1-A2 C1-B2 D1-C2
A1-B1 C1-D1 A2-B2 C2-D2
A1-C1 B1-D1 A2-C2 B2-D2
A1-D1 B1-C1 A2-D2 B2-C2
· Result of the matches will be decided by score, hits, gold's and X's. Matches won will give 2 points, tied 1 point and lost 0 points. Byes will be given for matches without competitor, that will anyhow score 0 points.
· Maximum of wins will have therefore 14 points total.
· Podium in each flight will be determined by the total of the match points. In case of tie, total cumulated score including the ranking round ( an then hits, gold's, X's) will break the tie.
· In total, each competitor will shoot 90 arrows at 50 Mt. on 122 cm face, thus getting a Grand Total Score comparable to that of a FITA 900 Round. Organizers may also reward top 3 GTS of each Division.
· Scorecard for the 27 ranking arrows should be a standard one from any of the FITA Target or Indoor Competitions..
V. Frangilli - 4 March 2000